Classic kayaking tour from Reykjavík, on the beautiful Geldinganes in Reykjavík. Explore the incredible wildlife by paddling the neighbour shores of Reykjavik. Experience untouched nature at its best where you encounter wild bird life, occasional seals and everlasting peace and quiet.
The kayaks are stable and easy to use and we only go in small groups, never more than 6 kayaks per guide. The guides are BCU 4 star certificate guides and will teach you the technique on location. There’s no prior kayaking experience needed.
Departure: From from 21 May – 29 September
Duration: approx. 3 hours / ~ 2 hours on water
Included: Sea kayaking gear, incl. a sea kayak, paddle, life-vest, splash jacket, and footwear. 4-star BCU certified sea kayaking guide
Bring & wear: warm undergarment clothing, warm socks and sweater (wool or fleece – NO cotton!) that you don’t mind getting wet (just in case) and change of clothing.
Guide ratio: 6 kayaks per guide
Minimum age: 14 years
Pick up in Reykjavik*: Yes, bookable.
Meet on location: At Geldinganes, Reykjavik at 10:00
* Pick up in Reykjavik available according to pick up list. If you’re accommodation is not the the pick up list, please find the nearest pick up point HERE
– Small group experience. We recommend you book in advance due to limited capacity.
– Sea kayaking on open water is very weather dependent. We might have to use another location to minimize cancellation due to weather and wave forecast.
– With your safety in mind we reserve the right to cancel or change the tour at any point.
– You have to be comfortable with floating in water. We recommend that you can swim, although you don’t need to “swim” while sea kayaking.